MARCH - BUSINESS MEETING
A formal business meeting was held to discuss how we were all doing and to look to the future as the country unlocks.
GASS – BUSINESS MEETING
TUESDAY 2ND MARCH
START TIME 16.00
VENUE – AS PREVIOUS MEETING
The meeting will continue the exchange of views and experiences from previous meetings. Please be prepared to discuss the following:-
· The effect on your business of the Covid 19 closures to date.
· Your experience in obtaining financial support for your business.
· Your plans for the re-opening of your business following the PM’s road map announcement.
· Your business’s financial health looking forward into 2021/2.
COVID 19 SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
This is a business meeting where members exchange views in order to better understand the risks and issues associated with the pandemic and to learn from each other’s experiences. As such it is within the current regulations providing delegates conform with social distancing and other regulations.
· As with previous meetings we will be seated outside in the open air so please dress appropriately.
· Please arrive at 16.00 sharp. The gates will be closed at 16.30 with no further admissions after that time.
· Food will be served. Basic drinks will be served.
There was a quiz on the likely outcomes of the budget on Wednesday.
The AGM location for 2021 was confirmed as Bodrum. Depart Wednesday 8th return Tuesday 14th September. Staying at The Doubletree by Hilton Marina Vista in Bodrum.
The venues for the next few meetings were agreed in line with Covid 19 restrictions.
MIKE SAFFERY - R.I.P
It was also an opportunity to say farewll to an old GASS member. Mike Saffery passed away last month and will be sorely missed. There will be a wake in his honour as soon as the pubs re-open.
Below is a reminder of what things were like in happier times, a group of us guys enjoying a dinner back in the heady days of 2019, lets hope we can do something like this again soon. Instead of freezing our arses off outside in the cold with masks on and 2m spacing, discussing how best to keep our businesses afloat in these troubled times.